Advocates of Health
The experienced Registered Nurses at the Acton Nursing Services are highly skilled, passionate patient care advocates. The nursing staff is proud to carry on a tradition of superior, compassionate care that has been delivered for the past 57 years.
- Learn about the nursing service's history.
Working together with the patient, family, and physician, the nurses at Acton Nursing Services develop a plan of care to meet each patient's individual needs. By providing clinical care, patient and family education, and support, our nurses coordinate a home care program to help patients become independent in managing their care safely at home.
What Our Nurses Can Do
- Arrange for additional services if needed and communicate with others in the home health care team.
- Control the impact of acute and chronic illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease, as well as help reduce the complications caused by wounds and ostomies.
- Monitor a person's vital signs, blood pressure, heart rate, medication, and any special diet.
- Teach self-care techniques for asthma, diabetes, stroke, heart and respiratory conditions, wounds, ostomies, and catheters.